Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak For iPhone 4/3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G/3G Released
|By: lisa | Feb 5 2012 | 536 words | 290 hits|
5.0.1 is finally over. Now you can jailbreak your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, or iPad, with iOS 5.0.1 and reboot untethered.
Thanks to the sterling efforts of pod2g, you can now jailbreak your A4-based iDevice, without being encumbered by the dreaded tether. (If a jailbreak is said to be tethered, it means that the jailbreak is undone if you reboot the phone -- in other words, you must connect your phone to your PC or Mac to properly boot it. An untethered jailbreak is the gold standard, because you don't need to muck about with any of that nonsense.)
iPhone Dev team announced the release of the latest version of Redsn0w that supports untethered jailbreak on their blog. They've provided the following details:
A few days ago, @pod2g gave the untether to both the iPhone devteam and the chronic devteam. We've put it into redsn0w 0.9.10 and PwnageTool, and the chronic devteam put it into a Cydia package (the same set of exploits is in all three).
Here are the basic steps for how to get it:
The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G.
If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! Once you're at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
If you're already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect "Install Cydia" if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
Got an iPhone 4/3GS, iPad 1or iPod Touch 4G/3G this Christmas? Are you excited when you see the news? I am sure you must be very happy when seeing it, but before jailbreak, you should know some top tips, learned from bitter experience. Ignore them at your peril:
1. Before doing anything, back up your iPhone in iTunes.
2. Make sure you stop iTunes from automatically updating itself -- A long-term fear is that Apple may introduce anti-jailbreaking code into a future iTunes update, stop that software from auto-updating.
3. Plug your iPhone directly into a USB socket on your Mac or PC's case -- do not use a USB hub.
Unplug as many other other USB devices as you possibly can.
4. Use a genuine Apple USB cable, or a 3rd party cable that you know to be of good quality -- some cheapo cables can appear to work fine for regular syncing and charging, but fail in subtle ways when jailbreaking.
5. Be patient -- some of the steps involved in jailbreaking an iPhone take longer than you might think. If it appears to have hung, it probably hasn't. Set aside plenty of time to do the jailbreak; the last thing you want to do is interrupt it mid-process.
As an apple user, I really want to recommend the video to iphone converter for mac coupon code
and the dvd to ipod converter for mac discount
as well as remove drm protection