Hemorrhoids Home Remedy
|By: David Andrews | Mar 26 2012 | 485 words | 1016 hits|
Hemorrhoids or piles are caused because of swollen veins in the anus and rectum, and often cause embarrassment for many. There are several home remedies that have been used since ages to relieve the pain and stress caused by hemorrhoids:
- White radish is known to be a common hemorrhoids home remedy. You could either eat it with a pinch of salt, or drink about 60-90 ml of juice in the morning. A paste of milk and radish can also be applied externally to ease the pain.
- One of the best and most common known solutions is the cold water treatment. Patients are asked to sit on a tub of cold water filled up to the chin. Water shrinks the vein and tones up the walls.
- Witch hazel is a herb commonly available in North America and used to treat hemorrhoids. You can either use them in the oil form or buy them as creams. There are several manufacturers who sell them as creams.
- Common herbs used for the treatment include aloe vera, dandelion, plantain, and white oat bark. Buck thorn bark, collinsonia root, parsley, red grape vine leaves and stone root are also used to treat hemorrhoids. They can either taken as tablets or in tea form. Some of these like aloe vera are commonly available and can even be grown in your garden. All that youâ€™ve got to do is pluck a leaf and apply it on the affected area.
- There are some who suggest inserting a piece of garlic or onion on the rectum. The heat produced from the onion/garlic helps to shrink the vein and its astringent properties help in healing.
- A major reason for hemorrhoids is straining during bowel movements. A diet rich in fiber can help cure constipation thereby curing the cause behind the symptom.
- The leaves of the bitter gourd plant are used by Indians to relieve themselves of the pain. These leaves are mixed with buttermilk and drank in the morning.
- Powdered alum mixed with water should be applied regularly on the affected area to get rid of the pain.
Another common trend today is using a hemorrhoid cream for eyes. Although hemorrhoid creams are typically designed for hemorrhoids, it is believed that puffiness and dark circles can be reduced by certain hemorrhoid creams.
While some of these are known to be effective home remedies, these are two cases where you can aggravate hemorrhoids more:
- Do not rub with toilet paper, as these contain chemicals and fragrances that irritate the skin. Use baby wipes if you have to use toilet paper. Wash with water whenever possible. Do not use soap as they contain chemicals that irritate the skin.
- Do not strain excessively while on the toilet.
There are several medications and types of creams for hemorrhoids. If your are having puffiness you may want to experiement with a hemorrhoid cream for eyes
. The author of this article writes about health issues and common home remedies including hemorrhoids home remedy