Cosmetic dentistry is both a science and an art. It enhances both the function and beauty your smile. Even subtle changes from minor cosmetic dentistry treatments can make a big difference in your oral health and the beauty of your smile. And when you like how you look and feel, you'll smile more often!
Cosmetic dentistry offers a wide range of treatment options from correction of a tiny chip to a complete Smile Makeover:
· Resizing too-large or too-small teeth
· Brightening stained and discolored enamel
· Rebalancing gummy smiles
· Replacing old metal fillings with harmonious white ones
· Replacing missing teeth and their missing roots
· Providing a new front surface for front teeth
Cosmetic dentists look at your teeth and gums in a wider context.
· They look at your entire face when they modify your smile
· They invest in high-quality dental technology for more precise and effective dental work
· They take more care about your comfort while you're in their facility, offering neck pillows, blankets, special props to relieve your jaw muscles from holding your mouth open, pre-anesthetic numbing, refreshment bars, paraffin wax hand treatments, and many other amenities, varying from dentist to dentist
· They offer sedation dentistry to help you overcome dental phobia - anxiety about visiting a dentist
The school of choice to obtain cosmetic dentistry training is the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI). It offers intensive training in both cosmetic dentistry and neuromuscular dentistry to general dentists who want to expand their practices. By choosing an LVI graduate to do your dental work, you are choosing expertise enjoyed by less than 1% of all dentists nationwide. When you choose a dentist with this level of expertise, you know your results will be magnificent.
Of all the procedures in cosmetic dentistry, the smile makeover is perhaps the most popular. Smile Makeovers use one or more procedures to correct dental issues of many types and provide you with a stunning smile worthy of the most pampered celebrity. Some of these procedures are:
· Porcelain veneers
· Dental bonding
· Porcelain crowns
· Teeth whitening
· Porcelain fillings
· Gum treatment
· Dental implants
Aside from improving your overall oral health - which can prevent tooth decay, missing teeth, gum disease, and discoloration - improving your smile enhances your self-esteem, confidence and overall quality of life. With a bright, attractive smile, your outlook on life will improve. When you know you look good, you smile more often, and people will respond to your positive, friendly demeanor.
To learn more about what is involved with a smile makeover, please visit the website of