During a time when teens are just learning to form bonds within their peer groups, your body may be wreaking great havoc - making you prone to acne breakouts.
Indeed, being prone to such breakouts doesn't make the slow transition of self-discovery and acceptance any easier, and many teens who suffer from acne may isolate themselves, feeling conscious about their physical appearance.
Thankfully, there is good news! With the numerous acne products on the market, you do not have to suffer from acne, especially if you can understand and treat the root of teen acne outbreaks.
Common Causes of Teen Acne
Causes of teen acne can vary from person to person and can encompass a number of factors. Genetics can play a factor, as well as the overall health of the adolescent.
Below is a list of some of the more common reasons for pubescent acne. The list is by no means comprehensive, but hits on the more prevalent causes of the skin disruption.
The varying causes of teen acne include:
* Hormonal imbalances
* Formation of dead skin cells
* Hereditary pre-disposition
Foods cannot cause teen acne; however, some teens may have mild food allergies that cause them to experience outbreaks. If this occurs, stay away from those foods.
At the end of the day, acne is a skin condition that can be treated topically or orally.
What Teens Can Do About Acne
There is a multiplicity of acne products available on the market that can help teens combat recurring and chronic breakouts. Whether you have blackheads, whiteheads or a combination of both, suffers can locate something that works well.
* Daily skin treatments - Such treatments include three to four steps that utilize cleansers, exfoliants, and moisturizers. Depending on how bad the problem is, an individual may also need to use an on-the-spot reducer that has benzoyl peroxide of salicylic acid.
* Zeno - This hand-held, portable electronic medical device has been clinically proven to make pimples disappear quickly. When the heated tip is placed on a blemish, the heat will stimulates the follicle, speeding healing.
* Dermatological visits - Regularly scheduled visits to a dermatologist may reveal the underlying cause of teen acne, which will make treatments more effective. Accutane, cortisone shots, and certain antibiotics could even be employed to get your skin glowing and in good health.
You Can Live Acne Free
Acne doesn't have to stunt your social life. There are acne products available that can help you abolish your teen acne for good.
Due to body chemistry, what works for one person may not work for others. For this reason, it may take a bit of trial and error to find out what will be most beneficial to your individual skin type.
Also realize that some acne products take a period of time to work. A few treatments can even make the problem worse before it gets better. For this very reason, you may wish to wait six to eight weeks before declaring the ineffectiveness of a particular acne medication.
Once you locate acne products that work, stick with it. If you do, you can remain acne free well into adulthood - or at least until after your senior prom!
a blemish of the past. Get the latest unbiased reviews of the best acne cure products available for instant download on the internet. Visit
for more details.