THYROID Symptoms and Treatment
|By: Charlie Cox | Jun 27 2013 | 396 words | 1523 hits|
Thyroid disorder these day and age are a very common disease in every part of the world. But what it is actually. It is a butterfly shaped gland in human neck, which is located just above the collarbone. It is one of the endocrine gland which produces hormones. This gland influences the body's energy level and metabolism. The pituitary gland, located below the brain also produces stimulating hormone (TSH). This TSH manages the working of the thyroid. A problem of these occurs when the produces less or more hormones than the normal level.
A test is conducted to measure the level of it hormones in the blood. In this case the levels of TSH released by the pituitary gland as well as hormones secreted by the are taken into account. When the TSH levels are low, a person is diagnosed with and if the TSH levels are high, the condition is called hyperthyroidism.
Hypothyroid symptoms include:
• Gaining weight
• Loss of memory
• Dry skin and hair
• Pains in muscles and stiffness
• Excessive bleeding during periods
Hyperthyroidism symptoms include:
• Loss of weight
• Muscle weakness
• Anxiety and nervousness
• Loss of sleep
• Rapid heartbeat
• Scanty or absence of periods in case of women
Treatment is easily available for the kind of thyroid disorders.
Treating hypothyroidism: In this case doctors usually prescribe synthetic forms of It hormones to increase the low levels of hormone in the body.
Treating hyperthyroidism: This is a lifelong treatment and involves following methods such as medication, radioactive iodine treatment, surgery.
• Medication: Anti-thyroid drugs may be prescribed by the doctor to reduce the excess level of hormone in the body and reverse the signs of hyperthyroidism. The dosage prescribed by the doctor may change from time to time depending upon the TSH level.
• Radioactive iodine treatment: In this case a patient is required to swallow a tablet or liquid form of radioactive iodide, which damages the cells of the gland and prevent them from producing hormones.
• Surgery: When these caused by toxic nodules, surgical removal of a part or the entire may be suggested.
If you are suffering from these, the best thing to treat this disease naturally with diet is by increasing the intake of iodine rich foods and at the same time eliminates foods that can harm your health
If you are suffering from these, you need to minimize or entirely avoid the intake of iodine rich foods.
This is Charlie Cox author of this site and he is working as a health consultant for this generic pharmacy drug store is globalpharmacyrx.com. He is providing the good information about the mens health issue and their medicines.
Buy online Zenegra pills
Best Price cialis-jelly Pills Online
and general health related issues.