Benefits of LPN Programs in Massachusetts
|By: lisa | Sep 22 2011 | 514 words | 1192 hits|
Why is it necessary that you must complete LPN Programs in Massachusetts? What benefits the program counts for you? In order to answer these questions, it is necessary to know about the Licensed Practical Nurses.
LPNs in MA are these nurses, who have completed MA LPN Programs in Massachusetts and earned LPN Licensure and perform various types of nursing duties that meets the nursing, physical and psychosocial needs of the all age groups and individuals.
The major benefits offered by the MA LPN program include:
• The completion of the LPN Program offers entry level job position in a health care facility.
• Major Service Sectors of MA is offering negligible employment opportunities and the major reason for this crisis is economic slow down throughout the United States. The current unemployment rate of the MA is 7.6 % in July 2011, as per the American Bureau of Labor Statistic's Local Area Unemployment Chart. But, the health care industry of the MA state is fast developing and offers ample health care service jobs to nurses including LPNs.
• The state locates many big and small hospitals and health clinics that have constant requirement of LPNs.
• The requirement of entry level nurses are very high in metropolitan cities and town where the concentration of ageing population for long term care need is very high.
• The country is passing through nursing shortages that have also created the massive demand for all level nurses including the entry level LPNs for the short supply of nurses and to replace the nurses who have left jobs permanently.
Therefore, if you are also facing difficulties in searching for the satisfying employments, you can easily complete LPN Programs in Massachusetts and avail these health care field jobs.
LPN Programs in Massachusetts
The MA LPN program can be completed in 9-12 months by enrolling in vocational schools, community colleges, junior colleges and tech institutes. The basic program curriculum consists of Classroom instruction and clinical experience. The clinical experience is completed in a supervised environment in an assistive living facility or long term care facility. The course curriculum includes instructions on human anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, communication, psychology, maths in nursing, pediatric cares, gerontology and others.
Prerequisites for the LPN Program
There are certain prerequisites for the LPN programs and they include, the minimum age must be 18 years, must be free from criminal or felony charges, possess minimum high school diploma or equivalent certificate and free from communicable disease.
The completion of the LPN Programs in Massachusetts makes a student eligible for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing developed and administered National Council Licensure Examination, or NCLEX-PN. The passing of the exam awards you LPN Licensure and designation of Licensed Practical Nurse can be used by the passing individual.
The LPN Licensure is valid for 2 years and must be renewed before it gets expired by working for certain hours and by completing required continue education.
Approval and Accreditation
The approval to LPN program is offered by the MA Board of Nursing and the MA LPN program must be accredited by the National League of Nursing Accreditation Commission and the Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE).
Hi my name is lisa, i love creating blogs and ecommerce sites. .right now i am focusing on one of my blog LPN Programs in Florida
and lpn programs in massachusetts
which i created last year and would request visitors to go through my website once and suggest me if anything which can improve my readers.