Car Hire at Aberdeen Airport - Driving Your Hire Car in Winter Conditions
|By: John kumar | Apr 5 2012 | 387 words | 969 hits|
Hiring a car in Aberdeen is a great choice for those looking to avoid the delays of public transportation in the winter weather in Aberdeen this February.
While car hire from Aberdeen Airport may provide flexibility to drive and avoid such delays, it is important for drivers, particularly tourists new to Aberdeen, to take care on the roads.
Many tourists will choose to take their hire car around Aberdeen’s rural areas or may look to travel further to nearby locations such as Dundee, Perth, Brechin, Peterhead, Ellon, Fraserburgh, Inverness, Royal Deeside or the Cairngorms, many of which are accessible with low-cost car hire Aberdeen Airport services. Such areas can often provide the best scenic views, although in winter weather it is best to be prepared to drive in potentially adverse conditions, such as snow, sleet, hail, ice and high winds.
Below are some general tips for those looking to hire a car at Aberdeen Airport in winter weather to have the freedom to drive and avoid public transportation delays:
• Check weather forecasts from Scottish news or weather sources in advance of your journey, particularly for any potential road closures.
• Don’t drive too close to other cars – stopping distances increase greatly in winter conditions.
• Drive according to road conditions. With poor visibility, make sure you turn your car lights on to ensure you are seen by all other drivers on the roads.
• Know where you are going in and around Aberdeen – satellite navigation in your hire car can help with this.
• Always wear your seatbelt in your hire car and ensure that your passengers do the same (this is required by law in Scotland)
• Drive within the speed limits on the roads and don’t brake too sharply.
• With snow on the hills around Aberdeen, the views can be stunning, but make sure you keep your eyes on the roads at all times.
• When there are high winds, large vehicles including lorries are potentially hazardous – it is best to drive your hire car at a safe distance from such vehicles.
These are some of the best tips to consider before driving your hire car in Aberdeen in potentially wintery conditions, which should avoid any delays often experienced with using public transport in winter. For more information on safety considerations when driving cars in Scotland, the Highway Code should be consulted.
John kumar is author of these articles and writes articles for his own site. For further details about Car Hire Aberdeen
and Car Rental Aberdeen
please visit the website.