5 Things You Must Know Before Buying BMW Wheels
|By: Ryan Davis | Jan 9 2012 | 473 words | 881 hits|
BMW is one of the most popular car manufacturers in the world. These cars have defined luxury and performance for a generation. BMW designs cars to perform and last and, along the way, has put some of the most fun cars on the road to drive anywhere. Learning about cars may not sound like fun, but BMW is a very exciting company. BMW wheels are not like any others and there are some things to know before changing the wheels on this kind of car.
1. You should be aware of the size of the tire and the wheel before making a purchase of a new set. BMW cars are manufactured in Germany so the specific wheel sizes can differ from the general ones available in auto stores in the United States. A tire of a different size may fit on your vehicle, but it could do things like throw off the readings of your speedometer. No one wants a ticket so having the right size wheels on your BMW is very important.
2. The terms of the warranty on the tires should be looked at closely before purchasing new wheels. You will need to know what the warranty covers and for how many miles the tires are covered. Car companies know that they have an expensive product and they also know that it is one you rely on every day to get to and from work among other things. Knowing what the warranty covers can help your decision.
3. When you drive on a fresh set of BMW tires, the handling is something you may notice. Some wheels are designed to handle the road in different ways. BMW is all about performance and excellence, so any tires you get from the company will get the job done. Wider wheels grip the road better for fast cars like these.
4. Specialty features should be looked into when searching for new tires. Some BMW wheels and tires offer their new run-flat feature. BMW has two types of tires including the run-flat and the standard engineered. The run-flats can withstand a puncture and get you short distances at standard speeds so that you can get a replacement. Other car companies’ tires do not have this feature.
5. Performance is another aspect of these tires that you should look into. BMW offers three types of tires when it comes to performance. The first is all-season tires which offer traction on slippery roads while keeping handling up in dry weather. Winter tires are specifically designed to last through the winter and are the safest tires to use in snow and ice. The high-performance tires offer the best handling for drivers.
The author has an immense knowledge on BMW wheels and tires
. Know more about BMW
related info in his website.